Backyard Beekeeping Classes
We are excited to be offering beekeeping classes in early 2018! Learn to keep bees in the city with Peter, our expert and experienced educator.
- Two 2-hour classroom sessions in Shoreline
- One 4-hour hands-on field class with the bees in Carnation
- A beekeeper you can call with questions
- Level 2 optional add-on: Two in-person one-on-one sessions at your hives: help during your initial hive install and assistance testing your hive for mites and prepping for winter (Additional mileage charged for travel more than 30 minutes from Shoreline in reasonable traffic)
Things to Know:
- First eight people to purchase classes this year will receive a free mite tester!
- Choose your date when you purchase.
- Before the class, you'll receive recommendations for what equipment you will need to be prepared for your bees.
- Class will focus on beekeeping in Langstroth hives.
- You can order bees this year from Rainy Day Bees!
- Cancellation Policy: Cancel up to two weeks ahead of your first class for a 50% refund.
- Have any questions? Email us!
- Saturdays, February 17th and 25th from 10am-12pm
- Tuesdays, February 20th and 27th from 7-9pm
- Field day will be on Saturday, March 24th, weather permitting. In case of weather cancellation, we will work with all participants' schedules to find a makeup day.