Beekeeper Job Posting
Rainy Day Bees is seeking a beekeeper to join our team managing beehives in Seattle backyards and neighboring farmland. We are the largest locally-owned and run hive hosting business in the Seattle area, and are known for our local expertise and high management standards. Our ideal candidate would have 2-3 years of beekeeping experience, an appetite to learn, proactive communication, and the desire to pitch in where needed. While there are core beekeeping duties, parts of this role can evolve to include areas of interest including education, sales, candle making, and other shop work.
Location: Headquarters in Shoreline, WA
Type: Non-exempt, hourly, full-time (30-40 hours)
Pay: $19-$25 an hour, DOE
- During swarm season, weekly inspect and manage city hives for swarming.
- Regularly inspect beehives for queen and hive health, mite indicators, and food levels.
- Drive to neighborhoods all over Seattle to inspect beehives, maintaining professionalism around our clients.
- Maintain hive level inspection notes
- Fill-in monthly hive host reports for backyard hives.
- Travel locally to assist with farm hive management.
- Assist with honey extracting and bottling as needed.
- Winter hive equipment maintenance and assembly.
- Reliable and communicative.
- Performs well in both collaborative work and independent work with large amounts of autonomy.
- Interest in and exposure to honeybees.
- Willing and able to take feedback.
- Able to work outside in all weather conditions (exceptions for significant smoke and temperatures above 95 degrees)
- Able to lift 60 lbs
- Able to occasionally walk up and down multiple flights of stairs while carrying heavy loads
- Possess and maintain a current, valid driver's license.
- 2-3 years of beekeeping experience.
- Access to a car capable of transporting beehive boxes.
- Submit your application here.
- 1-2 paragraphs about why you want this position
- One paragraph about your qualifications
- Resume (optional)